GEP Colleagues, this query isn't directly related to GEP, but I thought
some of you might have good ideas.  A handful of students here - often
reasonably bright ones - are very immersed in conspiracy culture (9/11
Truth; Alex Jones' Prison Planet; Illuminati; Bilderberg; etc.).  I
suspect many of you encounter similar students.  When I find myself in
conversation w/these folks, they regularly rattle off extensive lists of
readings, which I confess I'm not gonna read.

What I'm looking for - and hoping that some of you might know of - is some
sort of article length essay that speaks directly to folks like this.  One
not dismissive of their concerns, but that, in a general sense, offers
good reasons for being deeply skeptical of such massive, personalized,
often multi-generational conspiracies, while not at all dismissing the
notion that particular conspiracies, over a limited time, (say, to get us
into the Iraq war) might exist and also trying to capture the critical
energy that inspires these folks into a more constructive, structural
analysis of power and privilege.

Any suggestions?

John

--