Peter -

I just happened upon this book and I thought it goes right with your list:

SUSTAINABLE EDUCATION (Schumacher Briefing No. 6)
by Sterling, Stephen

£5.00
$7.10
€5.55
SUSTAINABLE EDUCATION (Schumacher Briefing No. 6)

How will we move towards sustainability? By learning through crisis, or by design? In this Briefing, Stephen Sterling points out that ? Progress towards a more sustainable future critically depends on learning, yet most education and learning take no account of sustainability ? The reorientation of education towards sustainable development since the Agenda 21 agreement of 1992 has been very slow ? Education is largely behind other fields in developing new thinking and practice in response to the challenge of sustainability. The Briefing argues that an ecological view of educational theory, practice and policy is necessary to assist the sustainability transition. It then shows how ?sustainable education??a change of educational culture towards the realization of human potential and the interdependence of social, economic and ecological wellbeing?can lead to transformative learning. It ends with a discussion of change strategies, and includes action suggestions for both policymakers and practitioners.

Best, Susi

Peter Jacques wrote:
Hi folks,

here are the responses I received for my request linking sustainability and pedagogy, thanks to those who sent me these suggestions:

__________________

See Peggy F. Bartlett and Geoffrey W. Chase (eds.), /Sustainability on
Campus/ (Cambridge, Mass: MIT Press, 2004)

you might also look at the following for ideas:
http://www.soe.ucsc.edu/classes/ee080s/Fall08/

_____________________

"Wackernagel, Mathis, and William E. Rees. (1996) Our Ecological
Footprint Reducing Human Impact on the Earth. Gaboriola Island: New
Society Publ."

Peter J. Jacques, Ph.D.
Department of Political Science
University of Central Florida
P.O. Box 161356
4000 Central Florida Blvd.
Orlando, FL 32816-1356

Phone: (407) 823-2608
Fax: (407) 823-0051
http://ucf.academia.edu/PeterJacques

Susanne C. Moser, Ph.D.
Director, Principal Scientist						                    Research Associate
Susanne Moser Research & Consulting				      Institute of Marine Sciences
134 Shelter Lagoon Dr.              					University of California-Santa Cruz
Santa Cruz, CA 95060               						       Santa Cruz, CA 95064
email: promu...@susannemoser.com