Dear Colleagues,

I would like to share with you a couple of new resources that might be of
interest when you teach global environmental politics this year. The Global
<http://www.environmentalgovernance.org/>  Environmental Governance Project,
a joint initiative of the College of William and Mary and the Yale Center
for Environmental Law and Policy, recently produced two documentaries:

1.       Quest for Symphony - a 16-minute film on global environmental
governance based on interviews with leading policy figures. The movie has
been called the "white paper on global environmental governance in images"
and provides a good introduction to some of the core policy dilemmas and
current debates.

2.       Way Ahead Not Closed - a 30-minute video of a discussion among all
five successive Executive Directors of the United Nations Environment
Programme (UNEP) - Maurice Strong, Mostafa Tolba, Elizabeth Dowdeswell,
Klaus Toepfer, and Achim Steiner - that took place at the Global
<http://www.environmentalgovernance.org/forum>  Environmental Governance
Forum in Glion, Switzerland this summer. The discussion was moderated by Gus
Speth, former Dean of Yale's Environment School and former Administrator of
UNDP.

Both movies can be watched online at
www.environmentalgovernance.org/multimedia. If you would like to receive a
copy of either DVD, please send me a note and I can send you a complimentary
copy while supplies last.

With best wishes for a successful academic year,

Maria

Maria Ivanova, PhD

Fellow, Woodrow Wilson International Center for Scholars

One Woodrow Wilson Plaza

1300 Pennsylvania Ave., NW

Washington, DC 20004

Tel. +1 202 691 4007

Cell +1 203 606 4640

maria.ivan...@wilsoncenter.org

http://www.wilsoncenter.org

Director, Global Environmental Governance Project

Yale Center for Environmental Law & Policy

http://www.environmentalgovernance.org
<http://www.environmentalgovernance.org/>

Assistant Professor of Government and Environmental Policy

College of William and Mary

mivan...@wm.edu

http://www.mivanova.com <http://www.mivanova.com/>