Dear colleagues,

You could receive inside information direct from the climate conference in Copenhagen. I was appointed on a government delegation in Copenhagen, and will be a delegate from the European Union. The red government badge gives access to closed-door UN debates where much of the action takes place. My research assistant and I are also making audio and video records of the negotiations over the year.

Let's take advantage of this access collectively. I will be happy to report from the frontlines to you and your students but need your ideas about forms of communication. What particular info do you need (in addition to info from ENB, CAN, the media)? What is the best way to communicate with you from Denmark? Is email sufficient? Skype does not allow videochats with a list of people but those who are tech savvy would know alternatives. Please let me know your suggestions on how we as a community can capitalize on this opportunity to the maximum.

Finally, if you need a guest lecture at your department with the inside perspective on what happened in Copenhagen, please let me know. In general, ideas of how I can liaison between you and the UN climate arena are welcome.

Best,

Rado

Radoslav S. Dimitrov, Ph.D.
Associate Professor