I just wanted to share my experience with Jack (pied agouti) and Jill (agouti).   I have a young pair (nearly 1 year old) who have had litters every 4-6 weeks. She was 2 weeks pregnant when we got them at 8 weeks of age.   They were wonderful and attentive parents. But Jill's last few litters have not been successful.  She repeatedly  had whole litters die within hours of birth.
    After much heartache and deliberation, we decided to try splitting them up.  I moved Jack in with the bachelors, and Jill stayed with her daughters (they are all very young), but I'm watching for any signs of conflict or stress.   I moved them three weeks ago and I am happy to report they are both doing well.   I was afraid they would get depressed and lonely, but so far they seem fine.
    Anyway, I just wanted to report that it can go well.

`Mary