Greetings ;)

On 26 Jun 2001, at 3:18, Dejan Pavlovic wrote:
> You probably can't find anything while it's not "Dergus" but  "DEGUS"!
> Also when you decide to get an animal - especially exotic one - it would
> be smart to find out as much as you can about it- BEFORE you get it ,
> and not after !
Yes, this is the much better route to go :(.  It is sad that few people
do so these days *sigh*

> The only thing we know about 'em is that females can be veeery aggresive
> (friend had a few (male+female and teir litter and suddenyl female killed
> 'em all)  but you can find tonns of things on the web !
This was probably a first litter (just as some gerbils kill their first
litter when stressed and/or it's a first litter).

Degus are very social creatures and incredible pets.  Intelligent,
playful, friendly - they are really special.  The one thing I will tell
you about them that I beg you to remember if nothing else ;) - the
CAN NOT digest sugar so please please please don't feed them
fruits or lots of starchy food!  They were originally imported to NA
as lab animals in diabetes research.

If you still can't find info after looking for "degu" on the search
engine, please feel free to e-mail me ;) privately as this is kinda off
topic.  Degus are not rodents, but related to chinchillas - octodonts.

With a smile,
Deborah
[EMAIL PROTECTED]