>1) My gebils make peeping noises when the cudle up to go sleeping. I
>thought I wasn't supose to hear these peeping noises, because they are to
>high to be heard by humans. Is there a problem or am i gifted ;-) ?

:) My gerbils make noises and I hear them. :)

Whether it is supposed to be too high to hear or not, and I know this
doesn't really answer your question, some people are able to hear
higher or lower tones than others. So while you may hear that odd
noise coming from the fridge, someone else may think you're just
hearing things. :) It's similar to the fact that some people honestly
can't smell rotten eggs, or sulphur, while others can. Some of us are
just gifted. *nudgenudge*

>2) In addition to the normal wooden playthings and cardboard boxes i have
>recently given them a few branches of a willow to nibble on. But I noticed
>that thats make them sleepy... is this possible? I've removed the branches
>for now.

Hmm... willow huh? Well, willow tea is supposed to make people
sleepy, is it not? Or am I thinking of the wrong thing? Perhaps it's
the same with gerbils. Though I honestly wouldn't be taking things
from outside before being REALLY sure the plant doesn't have any
toxins that may harm a creature (parts, or all, of lilies of the
valley, rhubarb, oleander, daffodils, elderberry, and other plants
can be VERY poisonous when ingested.) And make sure they're scrubbed
thoroughly before offering them. Never know what kind of chemicals
could be floating around.

>3) One of the girbels (Athena) is biting me a lot. First she sniffs my
>hand, than nibbles on it and after a nibble of 2 goes for the kill. I tried
>blowing in her face when she does that (as advised in a FAQ) or slightly
>tapping her on the head (also from the FAQ). But there is no impovement.
>I've got them recently (1 1/2 week ago) and they were very stressed out
>when we arrived at my place, is it possible she remembers me from taking
>her out the travelbox to the aquarium?

I've heard that some gerbils, and this is rare, are just of a bad
temperament and will bite all their lives. It is not recommended that
these gerbils are bred. :) It could also be that perhaps you are just
pushing her too fast. OR, make sure you wash your hands really good
before you offer one up as a treat! She may smell or taste something
interesting on your hand and that is why she attempts to take a
little something to go. So slow and easy. Patience is the key!

Hope that was a little help.

-Jackie & The Copper Dragon Clan