> Of course, vets charge NO WHERE near as much as people doctors do, to
> sit around in their office for an hour, their examining room for
> another 20 minutes, and have him look in your mouth, and up your nose
> for 5 minutes, "take two of these and call me in the morning", and
> then ship you out the door. You KNEW you had strep, you just wanted
> the medicine for it. And just for that you can pay above $85 a visit
> for.. without insurance. And dogs, gerbils, and cats don't get
> insurance cards. :)

Actually there is such a thing as veterinary insurance for dogs and
cats. . . not gerbies, tho :-(

I've even seen a plan that is like a "veterinary HMO." It even covered
routine care such as vaccinations and neutering. Most plans are
primarily geared toward "major medical" and only cover things like
accidents and serious illnesses. Unless one opted to pay higher
premiums.

Sorry, I'm getting OT!

=====
Julie & Michael