You *might* be able to establish a male colony by
mixing together very young gerbils and only one mature
male.  I did this successfully when I was pretty new
to gerbils (and probably pretty lucky, too).  You can
read about it at:
http://www.geocities.com/abcgerbils/boy_tank.html
But once they are mature and well clanned it could be
dangerous to try this, especially since you are mixing
two already established groups of adults.

(I have added two pups to a clan of two six months old
and they accepted the little ones right away).

Much depends on the personality of the gerbils.  I
have had a couple of very gerbil-aggressive males, but
most are very nuturing when it comes to any pup.

Donna
ABC Gerbils
www.abcgerbils.com