[EMAIL PROTECTED] wrote:
__________

>[EMAIL PROTECTED] wrote:
>__________
>>

>>I agree with Deb - Gerbils should not be deprived of water. Although
it is dry in the areas where they live, few if any mammals live where
there is no water at all. From memory Agren et al were studying
Mongolian Gerbils living an area where potatoes were grown!

>>In
>>
>>WATER REQUIREMENTS OF GERBILS.: Arrington, L.R., Ammerman, C.B., 1969,
Lab. Anim. Care, 19(4), 503-5

>>The researchers found that gerbils reliant on only water from dry feed
lost weight, grew slowly, had smaller litters and lost more pups before
weaning.--
Julian on the move
[EMAIL PROTECTED]

--
                Julian Barker

   There is a coherent plan in the universe,
   though I don't know what it is a plan for.
                                - Fred Hoyle