Hi there -

Bhaloo, a 1 1/2 year old female gerbil, is having major problems with an irritated vulva (button where urine exits).
We went to the vet, and he put her on baytril.  Has anyone ever had this happen?  She is really chewing on it, and actually losing a bit of blood.  It looks like she is in a lot of discomfort, but our vet doesn't seem to really have experience in this.  We are at our wits end because we can't find a vet who really knows gerbils!!!!!!  Arghhhh!!!
She has been on Baytril for three days, .04 CCs per day, and there has been no effect.

Jennifer