I can testify to that.  The three gerbils we got from
Tana all would run up our arms to our shoulders pretty
much as soon as they got use to us.  The two remaining
ones still do it.  (When they are in the mood.) 8-)

They don't sit there though.  They explore both
shoulders, check out the collar, the back of the head,
my earrings, ...  Because of this and because once,
fairly early on, Frodo took a flying leap off my
husband's shoulder, we do not let them up on our
shoulders without the other person spotting them from
behind.

But if you sat on something soft (bed, sofa) before
letting them climb up, you probably wouldn't need a
spotter.  I have heard of people that walk around with
their gerbils on their shoulders.  If we weren't so
paranoid about them jumping (like Frodo) we would
probably be able to accustom ours to ride on our
shoulders, too.  But we aren't going to give either of
them a chance to try that little high dive trick. 8-}
--- Tana and The Little Rascals <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
wrote:
> I've never had to teach mine to do that.  They just
> do it!  :)
>
> Tana and The Little Rascals
> Now at http://rascals.mybravenet.com

=====