On 09/07/12 11:14, Jon Davies wrote:
The whole link (for your particular case) is
   http://www.bbc.co.uk/torchrelay/day46#pid=p00symr7&t=false
You can see the programme id in the middle, in this case p00symr7

then do:

get_iplayer --pid p00symr7

Thanks Jon; believe it or not I did follow exactly those steps (amongst many other variations) before mailing the list, but I obviously got something wrong somewhere because it now works fine. I'd like to think there's a technical reason why this didn't work on Saturday morning but I'm sure I'd be kidding myself...