Hi - I'm not promoting alternatives to get_iplayer - its one of the best.

However I have been experimenting with other downloaders. In particular I tried
HiDownload Platinum (trial). When I play a t.v. programme from the iPlayer site
the HDP sniffer seems to detect the raw URL - for many iPlayer t.v. programmes.
As - I guess - does get_iplayer.

However I have noticed that the downloaded files from get_iplayer are far
superior to those from HiDownload.

The HiDownload files seem to be at a far lower resolution and frequently
pixelate when played. The get_iplayer files seems to be smooth playing with
higher resolution and detail.

How is this so if the downloaded files come from the same source.

Chris B.