On 19/07/2013 10:57, J K.Eason wrote:
Using 2.83 on WinXP I've downloaded an episode of the "A Series of
Psychotic Episodes" radio series with the following included in my
options file:
subdirformat <nameshort>

The output directory that was created has been given the name "A".
Using --info, it appears that the word "Series" in the Title has
caused <nameshort> to be defined as just that - although <name> is
complete.

If that word hadn't been included in the title, I idly wonder if
"Episodes" would have caused a glitch.

I wonder if that's another side effect of a colon (illegal Windows
character) in the filename?

This is either an internal get_iplayer problem or something at BBC's
end. The `descshort` metadata for the programme is just `A`.

Rob