On 07/03/2014 11:44, dinkypumpkin wrote:
On 07/03/2014 10:23, Barrie Avis wrote:
<SNIP>
I also got a new screen on my laptop that offered lost of TV programmes that I could, it seems, mark to download. Since I already have BBC iPlayer installed on my laptop and was able to visit the BBC website and ask for programmes to be downloaded to iPlayer, I am confused as to why I need this. It does however look to be better than what I have already
so is that the reason for it?

get_iplayer is completely unrelated to BBC iPlayer Downloads application. The biggest difference is that get_iplayer works on Linux/Unix. Use whichever you prefer.

Unfortunately I had not realised this until the previous reply Jeremy Nicoll.

Because I had the mind-set that the name "get_iplayer" meant it would actually *get* (The) BBC iPlayer, I was not understanding a lot of things. Once I got that out of my tiny brain, it all begins to fall into place.

I will also do the other things that you suggested - they should make more sense to me now.

Thanks for taking the time and trouble to try to help me, it is much appreciated,

Barrie