On 18/03/14 23:02, dinkypumpkin wrote:
On 18/03/2014 12:15, dinkypumpkin wrote:
There are a couple of things going on:

1. The default thumbnail URL generated by get_iplayer appears to no
longer be valid for some programmes.  For now, always use an explicit
--thumbsize=n, where n=1-6, or add it to your preferences.  If you
forget and get a solid grey thumbnail, you can use --thumbsize with
--thumbnail-only to re-download the thumbnail image.

2. The AtomicParsley error only occurs on Windows, and only with
get_iplayer HEAD.  I'm not sure why it has only begun to show up now,
but one of my earlier changes must have fallen foul of yet another
Windows gotcha.  For the moment, stick with the release version on
Windows until I can sort it out.

Fixes for both the above are now in get_iplayer HEAD.  The most
important thing is to make sure #2 is fixed.  If anyone sees Windows
AtomicParsley choking on thumbnails with latest HEAD, post the affected
programme episode here.  The issue never existed on other systems -
Windows only. As for #1, if you use the Web PVR you will still come
across solid grey thumbnails in the search results until the old
thumbnail URLs are flushed out of your caches over time.  However, the
downloaded files should have the correct thumbnail embedded.  Since the
Beeb splattered iPlayer with solid grey thumbnails, I can't help but
think it may a temporary problem on their side, but there is no point in
waiting to see if that's the case.

Hi,
Sorry to be so ignorant but I have the solid grey thumbnail problem and would like to fix. Trouble is

1. I have no idea what thumbsize to use. How can I tell what has been used up until now. Will experiment but then...

2. Have used openSUSE repo version to date. I am most grateful as are we all for dinkypumpkin's prompt fix. I assume HEAD is a Git thing but please could somebody point me to the idiots guide on how to find and install.

Alastair.