On 17/04/2014 15:23, dinkypumpkin wrote:
certainly know better than I what the problem might be.  I made a quick
attempt to test quvi 0.9 with radio programmes, but "quvi scan" didn't
work for any of several media sources including BBC, so I punted on it
for now.

And finally: It dawned on me that "quvi dump" would suffice for testing. I checked a few radio programmes and the URLs generated (once decoded) worked fine with GNOME Videos. So, the get_iplayer stream URL logic proves out as far as I can see. Live radio only works for some stations using the URLs generated by your get_iplayer patch, but then live streaming is usually problematic, particularly for national stations.

If you have any questions, please feel free to contact me off-list. We're getting pretty far off-topic here.