On 02/06/2014 19:19, Robert Snelling wrote:

Searching for "first", in all 3 cases, results in only 1 match, namely
the above line. Could this be the cause? I'm on a business ADSL line

The first/last broadcast dates do not come from the iPlayer web pages.

<filename>/BIG/new/iplayer/receive/main/tv/X----.-b01s35ck-.-tv-.-default-.-Doctor_Who-.-0007-.-0004-.-Hide---.mp4</filename>

<filepart>/BIG/new/iplayer/receive/main/tv/X----.-b01s35ck-.-tv-.-default-.-Doctor_Who-.-0007-.-0004-.-Hide---.partial.mp4</filepart>

<fileprefix>X----.-b01s35ck-.-tv-.-default-.-Doctor_Who-.-0007-.-0004-.-Hide---</fileprefix>
        <guidance></guidance>
        <index>329</index>
        <longname>Doctor Who: Series 7 Part 2</longname>

Works fine here. Since both first and last broadcast dates are missing, I suspect that the download failed for the metadata file containing those bits of data. It's also possible the data was incomplete. It happens, albeit rarely. Give it another try.