On 10/10/2014 01:38, C E Macfarlane wrote:
It has an altered version of the main perl script attached to it.

I for one definitely don't want to see that in my inbox. If you're trying to contribute some changes to get_iplayer, dumping the entire script isn't the way to go about it. You shouldn't expect someone else to figure out what you changed.

Fork get_iplayer on GitHub, create a branch and commit your changes to it, then send a pull request. See:

https://github.com/dinkypumpkin/get_iplayer/wiki/contribute

If you don't like GitHub, at least post your changes in the form of a patch. There is plenty of information on the net about creating patch files.