On 31/10/2014 23:42, Jeremy Nicoll - ml get_iplayer wrote:
Ian Macdonald <ianma...@gmail.com> wrote:

I have always just used the command line, but the last option seems
best, it depends on how much effort is required to reverse engineer
the API...

The problem isn't the API, so far as I understand it. The problem is that
any request has to include a 'key'.  That's a number which the BBC will use
to associate such a request with the registered user/app that is making the
request.

Not only is it impossible for anyone outwith the BBC to get a registration
(and hence a key) at the moment, the comments made by someone at the BBC
which were posted in another thread suggest that they'd not grant a key to
an app like get_iplayer.

There is a simple application form, which I filled in today, to get a licence for accessing the Nitro API, and there's no implication that there's a BBC-staff-only restriction. I'll keep people updated about what I hear back.

Rob

---
is active.