Can I also say a massive thank you to Dinky and others who have worked in double quick time to get a fix. I have used get_iplayer for several years but only joined the mailing list when disaster seemed to strike late last week. The response has been a fantastic demonstration of open source community work, and I hope a more permanent solution will be possible in the coming weeks (or months). Thank you also to Jon for maintaining the ppa for ubuntu users (like me -- I also use get_iplayer on the raspberry pi). Reading the posts has made me want to start learning perl or python, but I am probably too old (>50) and am stuck at present learning scratch with my younger son (aged 6).

On Sat, 1 Nov, 2014 at 9:52 PM, Peter S Kirk <peter.k...@isauk.biz> wrote:
On 1 Nov 2014 at 1:52, Jeremy Nicoll - ml get_iplayer Jeremy Nicoll - ml get_iplayer <jn.ml.gti...@wingsandbeaks.org.uk> wrote:

 dinkypumpkin <dinkypump...@gmail.com> wrote:
> get_iplayer has been more or less repaired, but there are still some
 > wounds.  I'm going to release what I have on Sunday....
This is excellent news, and I have to say I'm impressed by the amount you've
 managed to do in such a short time.
(I realise that we may have been lucky with the time of year; I should think that it's a bad time for any sort of pumpkin to be out of the ... house? shed? field? ... wherever a pumpkin normally feels at home. I've seen some dreadful sights in the last 12 hours - pumpkins being carried around by
 witches etc...)

Dinky,

As Jeremy says, a huge thank you for the effort you and others are putting into work arounds for the BBC changes. Very much appreciated.

I too am pleased you survived another Halloween uncut :)

Jeremy, well done - very amusing and made me laugh :)

Cheers,

Peter

PS Ignore previous copy.com referal link for bonus - it no longer works as copy have implemented a max five referals policy :(
I have other referal links which will give the 5GB bonus - PM me.

Sorry if you have joined and not received bonus 5GB, with details and I will make a complaint as I was not informed of this change.