It might be worth raising it on the Sony forum, or checking which firmware it's got and what the most recent is on the Sony support page for that model.

I have a Sony TV from what I believe to be the first year they did "Internet" TVs - 2010 - and I've just checked, the iPlayer is working fine. There was a firmware update for my TV less than a year ago to fix some earlier iPlayer problems.

Ian

-----Original Message----- From: Peter S Kirk
Sent: Saturday, November 01, 2014 10:05 PM
To: get_iplayer
Subject: Re: We should be grateful ( was Re: A message from Auntie )

On 31 Oct 2014 at 21:58, Peter S Kirk Peter S Kirk <peter.k...@isauk.biz>
wrote:

I'm visiting mum tomorrow and will try to remember to test if her two Sony
smart TVs still work with BBC iPlayer.

Update: visited mum today. Her bedroom Sony smart TV sticks on "loading..."
when iPlayer selected. The living room Sony smart TV - 10 months newer - is
still working, but many programmes are missing and it is very slow.

Dear BBC, Thanks for breaking mum's TV :(