On 04/11/2014 11:47, Jeremy Nicoll - ml get_iplayer wrote:
Alan Milewczyk <a...@soulman1949.com> wrote:

I'm puzzled by this message:
"No programmes are available for this pid with version(s): default"
which I get when trying to download two programmes (PIDs p0299nz3 and
p0299ml1).
Usually it means they're only available in eg 'signed' form.  For that you
need to include

    --versions signed

in your fetch command.  If you also include --verbose you'll get much more
output from get_iplayer, but it will tell you what 'versions' it thinks are
actually available, and if 'default' is not on the list it might make more
sense.  (Assuming that you don't already see those lines without --verbose).

Hmm this gets more and more strange. I'm trying to download the programme on a Linux laptop as RTMP seems to barf over the 4 GB limit on Windows but not on Linux. The Linux PC says it ain't there (as previously advised) but the Windows PC is downloading it normally (we've not got to the 4GB limit yet).