I use a VPN when on holiday in France - if you had to login to the Iplayer with your TV licence number then this would get around this. I agree that people who don't pay shouldn't be getting the content.

Mark

So the point here is what. I pay the BBC license fee and am happy to do so.

If people outside of UK who do not pay the license fee are getting BBC content for nothing via a VPN or anything else they are stealing stuff I pay for.

The BBC and all who support it are right to take action to preserve the service for those who pay for it. There are enough threats to the BBC as it is.

If using a VPN in UK is blocking GIP or iPlayer or anything else surely the solution is in the configuration of the VPN ?