On Wed Feb 3 18:24:09 GMT 2016, I wrote:
I haven't checked recently whether at the time of broadcast the live internet stream does indeed carry the programme
(http://www.bbc.co.uk/iplayer/live/bbcone);

On Wed Feb 3 18:19:54 GMT 2016, CJB wrote:
Inspecting the browser (Chrome) Console

... So now I have my answer: "BBC One Breakfast" is being streamed live on iPlayer in the morning...
I could still use iPlayer for the Breakfast News after about two other programmes had gone past.
(snip)
the contents of the previous programmes
were still available for streaming