On 07/05/2017 23:46, Vangelis forthnet wrote:
On Sun May 7 23:16:20 BST 2017, RS wrote:
That mode does not appear in the list in the blog.

Well spotted! It is meant for ipad, tablets and other mobile devices...

And that same blog describes the "1280x720 at 25fps" video profile as "outgoing", so that pretty much answers the question posed by @tellyaddict as to why "there isn't a 720p 25fps hvf option"...

Must admit, I was amused by the reference to a video profile as "outgoing" - wonder what the introverted profiles are like? ;-)

I'm really disappointed to see that the HLS problems have returned, especially as 1280x720 25fps is my preferred mode of choice. I really think 50fps is a gross overkill for my requirements both in download times and the doubled storage space required.

I dug out the v2.99 get_iplayer.pl file and tried that but got an ffmpeg error - I couldn't be bothered decoding what the error meant so I decided to uninstall v3.01 and reinstall v2.99 on my laptop. I've got into a routine of doing the downloads on my desktop with v3.01. When programmes download at 960x520 instead of the usual 1280x720 I do an --info on the offending files to see which modes are available and, where possible, try for flashhd on the laptop. Having said that I can confirm, as has already been mentioned, there are a number of programmes where both hlshd and flashhd are corrupted.

I really hope that the BBC reinstate the 1280x720 25fps mode when they kill off flash.

---