On 07/09/2017 03:09, Vangelis forthnet wrote:
ffmpeg -i progname.ts -c:av copy progname.mp4

Very early in the morning here, so I'll be laconic for now :-)
Assuming you've not mistyped it,
-c:av copy
is not valid and probably the reason your command is initiating video+audio transcoding... Try
ffmpeg -i progname.ts -c copy progname.mp4

Super, does the job beautifully. All playback is through an nVidia Shield which I got recently. I've just downloaded ffmpeg/ffprobe/ffplay from the ffmpeg site, so I'll examine the files and the contents of the streams properly.

I prefer mp4 because I can tag the file, whereas ts won't allow that.

Hope you're well, anyway. Autumn has well and truly arrived here with some horrible wet weather, but I guess you wouldn't mind some rain after the horrendous heat in Southern Europe this summer.

Best wishes dear friend

---