Please see below ...

On 03/07/2018 11:32, RS wrote:
As Dinky keeps reminding us, get_iplayer cannot download programmes which are not available in the iPlayer.

Yes, I know and knew that, which is why I linked to the iPlayer site.  What I was complaining about was the inordinately long time it took to make the programmes available on iPlayer.  In a rural location with ~1Mb/s download speeds, it's exceedingly frustrating to have to wait more than six hours after a programme ends before you can even begin to download it.  I'm not just a day behind now, I'm a day and a half.