In article <57c692e511...@audiomisc.co.uk>, Jim web
<w...@audiomisc.co.uk>
wrote:
> Well, simply following the first advice and adding the libxml2-dev
> package (the non -dev already being present) didn't work. So I'm trying
> to establish which packages I *do* need (or not). Partly so I
> understand, partly to avoid spraying things I don't actually need into
> my install in the hope they'll work.

Having experimented with getting gip working on another machine running the
new distro I can say that the only package I need in addition to those
installed by default by the distro is the libxml-libxml-perl. This is for
me to use gip via 'command line'. (Actually a simple 'ROX' program I wrote
that will launch a set of gip fetches given a text file list of their pids,
called by command.)

Thanks for the advice, etc. :-)

Jim

--