BBC Sounds is new and trendy (to BBC eyes). Podcasts are the up and coming
thing (only at least a decade late there chaps, never mind). Yeah right, what
it really means is a BBC Manager had an idea (podcasts are good! no-one wants
to stream any more!) and no-one told them not to be so stupid and to leave well
alone. And we're stuck with this mess until there is another change of policy.

Just be grateful they don't seem (yet) to be planning to change all BBC content
to 128kbps MP3 to suit podcasts.
--
Owen Smith <owen.sm...@cantab.net>
Cambridge, UK