Hi
I would like to copy some of my DVD collection onto hard disk to make
them easier to access and I am getting very frustrated with
downloading programs that claim to be free versions only to find out
that in fact that it is a trial version, or in the case of a
comprehensive program like Handbrake that is free but takes for ever
to run on my pc.
ffmpeg seams to be a very efficient program for converting video, is
it possible to use it to extract video directly from the DVD video
files, if so can anyone point me in the direction of a tutorial that
explains how to do it.

I realise that it is unlikely to work directly from the DVD so I am
using DVDshrink which allows me to create a hard disk decrypted
version of the DVD ahead of any other video processing.

thanks in advance
Dave