Thanks for all the replies you have given me something to think about,
sorry if I didn't explain properly why the change, our notebooks are a
few years old and starting to struggle with all the bloatware that
comes with windows, I have looked at replacing them and all the cheap
notebooks now only appear to come with tiny SSD disk drives, I want to
have a reasonable amount of local disk space but cannot justify
spending a lot of money on two higher spec PC's, so the next option is
to use linux, but my wife needs something that looks fairly familiar
to her hence the look and feel of the windows interface, also most
programs that we use like LibreOffice are available in native forms
but we do have a few odd windows programs that aren't available and I
would rather not duel boot the pc hence the requirement for windows
emulation.

Thanks again
Dave