On 20/04/2021 18:45, Steve Rochford wrote:

I think that you've missed out the "--" in front of pid (it looks like you've
got a single -)

get-iplayer --pid=p099f5jp --modes=hvfxsd1 tvmode good --type=tv

What's weird is that you don't get an error but you get the info on 2
completely unrelated programmes!

No, it's perfectly logical, it's just that the single dash in front of pid was not his only error, he's also missed out the double dash in front of 'tvmode', so GiP interpreted both 'tvmode' and 'good' as search terms, and thus found 2 programmes with 'good' in the title.