Please do not take this private i for one am learning a lot

Thanks

Derek

On 19/06/2024 14:44, Don Grunbaum wrote:
Apologies for the delay in replying.

I wouldn't call myself an expert, I've just inferred things with experience.

Each programme/series to be recorded has its own file in the pvr folder. The
filename is irrelevant, except for the ONCE files generated by the web
interface. I have all mine with a .txt suffix and edit them with notepad. I
will often generate them with the web interface, but that doesn't allow for
pidrecursive, so I manually edit them, as that will pick up any available
programmes in a series even if they are not in the cache.

The pvr will also use any settings in your options file, unless you have an
over-riding setting in your pvr file, e.g. the output setting for where the
files go.

When it runs, the pvr reads all the files in the folder, then processes them
one at a time. Once it is running, any changes you make to the files won't be
picked up until the following run.

I can't comment on the file sizes, they will depend on your settings for
quality etc. My Digging for Britain files are around 2 Gb each, if that
compares with yours.

If other GiP users aren't interested in this, we can take the conversation out
of the list, is you wish.

Don