currently packaging libggi-2.0final:

libggimisc is not part of the archive. Is it required? Latest libggi
packages included it (out of the libggi tarball).

 -----

I did: automake, aclocal, autoconf to the source (libtool.sh was NOT
affected).

 -----

FYI only: libgpmg1_1.19.3-6 (current in testing and unstable) is giving
me trouble. configure test for aa_autoinit (and so building of  the
aa-target) fails:
        configure:8089: checking for aa_autoinit in -laa
        configure:8108: gcc -o conftest -g -O2   conftest.c -laa   1>&5
        /usr/lib/libgpm.so.1: undefined reference to `atexit'

As a workaround i use libgpmg1_1.17.8-18 to build.
Haven't yet determined who really earns that bug report.

 -----

--enable-static builds additional .a files, their names entered under
oldlibs in the .la files, but everything seems to be compiled with
-fPIC. Is this enough for static linking already? (Sure im going to try
myself - as soon as this mail is ready ;-)

 -----

libtool gives me warnings like:

/bin/sh ../../libtool  --mode=install /usr/bin/install -c mansync.la
/home/tim/ggi/libggi/debian/tmp/usr/lib/ggi/display/mansync.la
libtool: install: warning: relinking `mansync.la'
libtool: install: warning: remember to run `libtool --finish

I read the thread on ggi-devel, debian-devel and the
autoconf-,libtool-book in parallel but still can't decide wether this
is now in error or not.
The only difference i can see between _old_ versions and current is
that the old version used relative paths where possible while the new
one goes absolute everywhere.
It seems to do the right thing, adapting from build-location to install
(/usr/lib/...).

 -----

Building the monitest-docs to .txt gives me some errors i did not have
before and the intro part of the resulting .txt has _very_ short lines
(currently i have linuxdoc-tools installed. May be i would need another
version of sgml2xxx. The docs tool chain was posted some time ago on
ggi-devel, but i must have deleted those msgs):

( set -e;                       \
  cd programs/util/monitest;    \
  sgml2html monitest.sgml;      \
  sgml2txt monitest.sgml        )
Processing file monitest.sgml
<standard input>:80: warning: number register `0:ds-type' not defined
<standard input>:80: warning: number register `0:LL' not defined
<standard input>:80: warning: number register `0:ri' not defined
<standard input>:80: warning: number register `0:LT' not defined
<standard input>:80: warning: number register `0:li' not defined
<standard input>:80: warning: `FAM' not defined
<standard input>:80: warning: number register `0:PS' not defined
<standard input>:80: warning: number register `0:VS' not defined
<standard input>:80: warning: vertical spacing must be greater than 0
<standard input>:80: warning: number register `0:PD' not defined
<standard input>:80: warning: number register `0:PI' not defined
<standard input>:80: warning: can't break line

 -----

What about the demos that are not built/installed? Not yet ready?

How do i do monitest in fullscreen (x-target)? It's a whishlist bug.

Any docs that are not in the ggi tarball and might be worthwhile a
ggi-doc package (mirrored the ggi-project page already, but still have
to sort this out).

 -----

Well, just a few Qs, nothing serious ;-) I hope that you didn't mind me
asking them here? In any case feel free to flame me - can take it most
of the time ...

Lot's of fun to all of us, greetings, martin