On Sat, 8 Jun 2002, Kasper Souren wrote:
> Well, one of the reasons I'm using GGI is that I don't want to think about
> this kinda stuff. But I think I it might be a good idea to have functions
> that give you back a maximum visual size. And under X you *can* do
> fullscreen stuff as well (maybe that's xf86dga?) - although it doesn't work
> very good on my system.

Yes, if that's the kind of full-screen you want then dga is the best way
to do it.  The -inroot option to the normal X targets will leave the
other applications floating on top of the GGI app while it runs on the
desktop background.

ggiSetMode is supposed to give back the maximal visual size when called
with a ggi_mode that is full of GGI_AUTO values.  It does so on most
other targets, but X11 is a quirky target which is hard to code for.
The new code for X11 which will be available shortly, as I mentioned,
does a bit of a better job in getting a nearly full-screen window.

--
Brian