>with -traditional concatenation is not available. #define RET(x) x #define CONCAT(x,y) RET(x)y
On Fri, 15 Feb 2013 11:17:20 +0000 Geoffrey Mainland <[email protected]> wrote: > That was what I wanted to do at first, but I don't think it's > possible. > > First of all, on Linux at least, we invoke the preprocessor with > -traditional, so concatenation is not available. That could be > changed. > > Without -traditional, CPP doesn't like the # characters in the names > of our primops. If you see how to get around that issue, please let > me know :) > > Geoff > > On 02/15/2013 11:08 AM, Gábor Lehel wrote: > > Could it be done with CPP macros perhaps, instead of a separate code > > generator program? If the boilerplate is fairly regular and only > > requires placeholder-substitution, identifier concatenation and > > stringification, it could be an option. Just a thought. > > > > On Fri, Feb 15, 2013 at 11:51 AM, Geoffrey Mainland > > <[email protected]> wrote: > >> Hi All, > >> > >> There is a huge amount of boilerplate involved in adding a full > >> complement of vector primops to GHC. I would like to reduce this > >> boilerplate by programmatically generating the vector primops. My > >> plan is to add utils/genvecprimops and #include its output into > >> primops.txt.pp. > >> > >> Does this sound reasonable? Any objections? While I'm at it, is > >> there any related cleanup I could undertake? > >> > >> Thanks, > >> Geoff > >> > >> > >> _______________________________________________ > >> ghc-devs mailing list > >> [email protected] > >> http://www.haskell.org/mailman/listinfo/ghc-devs > > > > _______________________________________________ > ghc-devs mailing list > [email protected] > http://www.haskell.org/mailman/listinfo/ghc-devs _______________________________________________ ghc-devs mailing list [email protected] http://www.haskell.org/mailman/listinfo/ghc-devs
