Hi,

A build of the ghc-7.8 branch in its current state failed for me today in compiler/types/TypeRep.lhs

I am at commit 7b1d4c4 ("release note blurb..."), there was only one more since ("revert 'revert'...").

It seems as though the merge of commit d71f316ef ("...precedence when printing contexts..") does not fit into ghc-7.8 (that patch works on HEAD, of course). Error message is:

compiler/types/TypeRep.lhs:540:35:
    Not in scope: data constructor `TyOpPrec'

(a constructor introduced by that patch)

I have no idea how to fix this (GHC itself suggests "TopPrec", but that actually reverts the fix :-) )

Cheers,
Jost Berthold