That's great. My interest is more around having it than doing it, so I
would be delighted if it received some attention.

Alan


On Fri, Sep 18, 2015 at 5:21 PM, Ben Gamari <[email protected]> wrote:

> Simon Peyton Jones <[email protected]> writes:
>
> > Is there currently any planned work around making the haskell error
> > messages able to support something like the ones in IDRIS, as shown in
> > David Christianson's talk "A Pretty printer that says what it means"
> > at HIW?
> >
> > Not that I know of, but it would be a Good Thing.
> >
> I have been interested in this issue myself and have the beginning of a
> proposal on how we might be able to do this reasonably painlessly here
> [1]. At one point I had the beginnings of a proper Wiki page describing
> the proposal but sadly Trac/Firefox ate it and I've not had the time to
> attempt a rewrite.
>
> Cheers,
>
> - Ben
>
>
> [1] https://ghc.haskell.org/trac/ghc/ticket/8809#comment:3
>
_______________________________________________
ghc-devs mailing list
[email protected]
http://mail.haskell.org/cgi-bin/mailman/listinfo/ghc-devs

Reply via email to