OK, finally everything makes sense I think. I was very confused by the code and
previous emails where you said:

> Large objects can only be primitive objects, like MUT_ARR_PTRS, allocated by
> the RTS, and none of these have SRTs.

I was pointing out that this is not entirely correct; we allocate large stacks.
But as you say scavenge_one() handles that case by scavenging stack SRTs.

So in summary:

- scavenge_one() is called to scavenge mut_lists and large objects.
- When scavenging mut_lists no need to scaveng SRTs (see previous emails)
- When scavenging large objects we know that certain objects can't be large
  (i.e. FUN, THUNK), but some others can (i.e. STACK), so scavenge_one()
  scavenges stack SRTs but does not scavenge FUN and THUNK SRTs.

Ömer