I personally consider this to be most reasonable. But maybe I oversee something…
-- Best, Artem вт, 17 июля 2018 г. в 22:59, Richard Eisenberg <[email protected]>: > Aha. I had just jumped to the chase. > > But is there a reason we don't just point everyone (including newcomers) > to git://git.haskell.org/ghc.git ? That's what I always use myself, and > it seems simpler to do so. > > Richard > > > On Jul 17, 2018, at 3:14 PM, Matthew Pickering < > [email protected]> wrote: > > Did you do the line above as well? > > ``` > git config --global url."git://github.com/ghc/packages-".insteadOf > git://github.com/ghc/packages/ > ``` > > On Tue, Jul 17, 2018 at 8:09 PM, Richard Eisenberg <[email protected]> > wrote: > > Hi devs, > > The Newcomers page (https://ghc.haskell.org/trac/ghc/wiki/Newcomers) > recommends cloning GHC with > > git clone --recursive git://github.com/ghc/ghc > > > I believe my students did this with success several weeks ago. But trying > it again today leads to trouble with some submodules, e.g.: > > Cloning into '/Users/rae/ltemp/ghc-test/libraries/Cabal'... > fatal: remote error: > ghc/packages/Cabal is not a valid repository name > Email [email protected] for help > fatal: clone of 'git://github.com/ghc/packages/Cabal.git' into submodule > path '/Users/rae/ltemp/ghc-test/libraries/Cabal' failed > > > Is there something wrong in the internets? Or should we update the > Newcomers page? > > Thanks, > Richard > _______________________________________________ > ghc-devs mailing list > [email protected] > http://mail.haskell.org/cgi-bin/mailman/listinfo/ghc-devs > > > _______________________________________________ > ghc-devs mailing list > [email protected] > http://mail.haskell.org/cgi-bin/mailman/listinfo/ghc-devs >
_______________________________________________ ghc-devs mailing list [email protected] http://mail.haskell.org/cgi-bin/mailman/listinfo/ghc-devs
