Hi Ben,

Using
https://downloads.haskell.org/ghc/8.6.5-rc1/ghc-8.6.4.20190406-x86_64-deb8-linux.tar.xz
I running as usual

$ ./configure --prefix=<some-path>
$ make install

I got the following error:

./template-haskell.cabal has been changed. Re-configuring with most recently
used options. If this fails, please run configure manually.
Configuring template-haskell-2.14.0.0...
ghc-cabal: Cannot find the program 'ghc'. User-specified path
'/builds/ghc/ghc/inplace/bin/ghc-stage1' does not refer to an executable and
the program is not on the system path.

ghc.mk:985: recipe for target 'install_packages' failed
make[1]: *** [install_packages] Error 1
Makefile:51: recipe for target 'install' failed
make: *** [install] Error 2

Best,

On Mon, 8 Apr 2019 at 13:28, Ben Gamari <b...@well-typed.com> wrote:

> Hello everyone,
>
> The GHC team is proud to announce the first release candidate of 8.6.5.
> The source distribution, binary distributions, and documentation are
> available at
>
>     https://downloads.haskell.org/~ghc/8.6.5-rc1
>
> This release fixes a handful of issues with 8.6.4:
>
>  - Binary distributions once again ship with Haddock documentation including
>    syntax highlighted source of core libraries (#16445)
>
>  - A build system issue where use of GCC with `-flto` broke `configure`
>    was fixed (#16440)
>
>  - An bug affecting Windows platforms wherein XMM register values could be
>    mangled when entering STG has been fixed (#16514)
>
>  - Several Windows packaging issues resulting from the recent CI rework.
>    (#16408, #16398, #16516)
>
> Since this is a relatively small bugfix release we are bypassing the
> alpha releases and moving right to the release candidate stage. If all
> goes well the final release will be cut next week.
>
> As always, if anything looks amiss do let us know.
>
> Happy testing!
>
> Cheers,
>
> - Ben
> La información contenida en este correo electrónico está dirigida únicamente
> a su destinatario y puede contener información confidencial, material
> privilegiado o información protegida por derecho de autor. Está prohibida
> cualquier copia, utilización, indebida retención, modificación, difusión,
> distribución o reproducción total o parcial. Si usted recibe este mensaje por
> error, por favor contacte al remitente y elimínelo. La información aquí
> contenida es responsabilidad exclusiva de su remitente por lo tanto la
> Universidad EAFIT no se hace responsable de lo que el mensaje contenga. The
> information contained in this email is addressed to its recipient only and
> may contain confidential information, privileged material or information
> protected by copyright. Its prohibited any copy, use, improper retention,
> modification, dissemination, distribution or total or partial reproduction.
> If you receive this message by error, please contact the sender and delete
> it. The information contained herein is the sole responsibility of the sender
> therefore Universidad EAFIT is not responsible for what the message contains.

Andrés