> On Jul 24, 2019, at 2:38 AM, Zubin Duggal <zubin.dug...@gmail.com> wrote:
>
> I can clarify any remaining questions you might have. If you are satisfied
> with this write up, I can proceed to add it as a Note to HieAst.

This has been very helpful -- thanks! There are a few questions that I have,
but this email contains the general info I'm looking for, and I think going
through the normal review process will be better than creating an email chain
here. My one overall suggestion is that it might be most useful for the Note to
begin with instructions to those who edit the GHC AST -- that will be your main
audience. Then, perhaps, someone will need to extend the HIE AST as well, and
there should be further instructions.

I have made #16975 (https://gitlab.haskell.org/ghc/ghc/issues/16975
<https://gitlab.haskell.org/ghc/ghc/issues/16975>) to track progress of adding
this Note.