Hi all,

I'm very confused by how to do performance testing.

I have a patch that seems to cause a performance regression. So I built the
patch locally (`validate` flavor, with `make`) and then reproduced the
regression. Good. Then, I make a small change, rebuild, commit, and then test.
But now it seems that the baseline has changed. (This took some time to
discover after seemingly non-deterministic results!)

So: how can I make several different commits, with different experiments,
switch between them at will, all without changing my baseline? I do *not* have
the magic "metric decrease" bit in my commit message. Or, at least, I didn't
put it there.

Thanks!
Richard