Am 07.12.2013 um 15:23 schrieb Brian Drummond <br...@shapes.demon.co.uk>:

> On Sat, 2013-12-07 at 15:02 +0100, Svenn Are Bjerkem wrote:
>> Hi,
>>
>> During this bring-up phase, I use Libero SoC, SoftConsole and FlashPro
>> on win7, because FlashPro only supports windows.
>
> And that's the real problem : FlashPro only supports Windows.
>
> Just about everything else in the toolchain will support Linux; even
> their development toolchain is nothing more than Eclipse and gcc...
> (The gdb "sprite" to connect through FlashPro is probably also
> proprietary; I can't tell, since they wouldn't openly admit the compiler
> wasn't!)
>
> At which point it's worth asking if a different JTAG controller
> (supporting Linux) would work for software download and debug, reserving
> the FlashPro for bitfile updates. If so, it'll be a much easier
> solution. I haven't tried.
>
> You can certainly develop, make and revision control on a Linux machine
> and relegate the Windows machine to Eclipse/gdb sessions, but it's a bit
> awkward. I didn't get further than that.
>
> - Brian

You can use Microsemis "DirectC" tool to build some kind of Flashpro Programmer
for Linux. It is provided als C-Code
and is easily portable, so you get is easy ported on a Cortex-M for example. We
have such an effort running on
the F4-Discovery Board from ST. The programming file is loaded per UAB-UART and
flashed into the ProAsic with
the DirectC running in the Cortex MCU.

Mail:           tors...@meissneronline.net
Blog:   http://blog.goodcleanfun.de