On 16/11/16 09:31, Svenn Are Bjerkem wrote:
On 15 November 2016 at 20:00, Tristan Gingold <tging...@free.fr> wrote:

Which distribution are you using ?

I am running Debian Sid, but mostly only do upgrade and not
dist-upgrade to not break my system too often.

Try to also add -Wl,-Wl,-v just after -v.

I tried this, but I could not make any sense out of the extra logging.

The output would have been useful however.

What I do see is that it doesn't matter if I use 'CC=gcc-5 make'
during build of ghdl, because ghdl picks up gcc (which is gcc-6)
during elaboration of the vhdl project.
I then switched to gcc-5 as command-line compiler by
update-alternatives so that when I run 'gcc --version' on the command
line I see that I get gcc-5. (5.4.1-3)
Now ghdl will elaborate the project without any messages related to
shared library.

Maybe this is a problem with mixing gcc-5/gcc-6 for build/runtime. I don't know.

Since I can switch to use gcc-5 at will for command line compiler,
this is the workaround for me in the current situation.
Maybe ghdl must eventually switch to use gcc-6 for build at some point?

I suppose that gcc-6 is configured with --enable-default-pie, so you need to link with -Wl,-no-pie

Tristan.