On 27/02/17 21:57, Stefan Dröge wrote:
Hi everyone,
Tristan asked in https://github.com/tgingold/ghdl/issues/162
<https://github.com/tgingold/ghdl/issues/162> for a good ODE/DAE solver
suitable for AMS simulations.

Totally unrelated to VHDL(-AMS) I have recently been looking into
Modelica, and in my case specifically OpenModelica.
For those who don't know Modelica is a modeling language for physical
models, so it is also all based on solving ODE/DAE.
AFAIK It is more popular in mechanical simulations for the car industry.
But there are also extensive libraries for electrical systems and many
other fields of interest.

I am absolutely no expert in ODE/DAE solvers, but it might be worth to
take a look at the OpenModelica implementation of the solvers. What I
could find out is they use the DASSL solver. Another open source
Modelica compiler is JModelica.

Thanks for all these pointers!

Tristan.