On Sun, Feb 13, 2000 at 09:24:54PM -0500, Kevin Cozens <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
>  From some of the other comments on the mailing list here, perhaps its
> something that should be changed after 1.2 is out. Many scripts may have to

I don't think  so: if you need to do an incompatible change, do it as early
as possible. If we break it now, people will need to change things for 1.2,
but the devel version and the released version will act the same. In other
words: each such change, done early, will remove one further source for
incompatibility between gimp-1.2 and 1.3.

This is valid when a) the change can be made before 1.2 (including
required fixes) and b) gimp-1.2 will stay as long as 1.0 did.