Stanislav Brabec wrote:

> There are more solutions:
> -- Make little wider default window size (or tool icons).
> -- Decrease horizontal space between menus or default to smaller font
>    in main <Toolbox> menus (maybe in default gimprc).
> -- Default to "old-style look" (brush, color & pattern on left).
>
> Better solution are welcome...

I don't know if it's 'better,' but two things I can think of offhand are
(1) change the font to something smaller or (2) add another tool (what:
I dunno) so that the toolbox can be a 4x7 rectangle.  I don't know if 4x
is enough space, but 7x should be and it would narrow the color and
brush/gradient/pattern boxes.

$0.02,
Christopher